filter valid email addresses

Karlheinz klingbeil lunqual at gmx.de
Sat Oct 11 07:19:06 EDT 2003

Hoang wrote:

> anyone know of an algorithm to filter out real email addresses as opposed
> computer generated email addresses?  I have been going through past email
> archives in order to find friends email address.  Unfortunately about 75%
> of
> them are junk addresses or spammer addresses.  It's quite obvious when you
> look at it and delete it... but you don't want to do it by hand.

the only means to check if an email-address is valid is to send a mail to it
and ask for a reply.... if the syntax is right you cannot say which address
exists and which doesnt.

I have mad a pop3-filter, which checks emails in your inbox and deletes
using multi-staged regular expressions. the python script and documentation
is available at http://www.lunqual.de/poppers.zip
--
Greetz.... lunqual
http://www.lunqual.de