best GUI toolkit for python: tkinter, wxPython or what?

Leo leo.broska at NOSPAM.isys.com.au
Thu Oct 30 19:50:37 EST 2003

"Tim Ronning" <tim.ronning at start.no> wrote in message
news:mailman.251.1067537054.702.python-list at python.org...

> I myself is a novice in this game. But I couldn't help myself, so in
> paralell with learning the basics I fetched the Eric IDE, PyQt wrapper and
> the latest QT. Within minutes I was actually generateing really nice UI's.
> And the best thing of all, just compile your forms from within ERIC and,
> voila you have a python script including all the QT stuff. This is RAD.

sounds great. on what platform are you developing? i'd develop manily on mac
os x

and what are the needed _runtime_ modules (iguess pyqt and qt)? i'm not sure
if tehy are available on mac and win (my target platforms).

cheers, leo