Why I love Python: More rambling...

Ville Vainio ville.spammehardvainio at spamtut.fi
Thu Oct 30 08:53:25 EST 2003

Andy Jewell <andy at wild-flower.co.uk> writes:

> Python does seem to magnify the flaws in other languages: everything else
> seems (to me at least) to be second-best now.

This might be one of the reasons they don't teach Python in schools -
it would be hard for the employers to motivate students to work w/ the
crappy languages the companies expect them to use.

Another aspect of motivation is accomplishment - a thing that might
make a C++ programmer proud of his achievement seems like a trivial 15
minute job for a Pythonista, and when that Pythonista is tasked w/ the
C++ job he doesn't get the kick from the accomplishment. And 6 hours
of debugging that "trivial" program doesn't help either.

--
Ville Vainio   http://www.students.tut.fi/~vainio24