python on macs: osx pytho nand macpython and tkinter

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Oct 13 07:56:57 EDT 2003

"Leo" <leo.broska at NOSPAM.isys.com.au> writes:

> hello mac python gurus

Do you know about the macpython-sig?  That's often a better place for
these questions.

> osx comes with python. additionally i have macpython insatlled.
>
> now i have pythen interpreters in /usr/bin and in /usr/local/bin? is that
> right?

Yep.  I also have ~/bin/python and soemtimes /sw/bin/python too...

Note that /usr/local/bin/python is a symlink (or a shim, forget which)
to /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/python
(or something like that).

> which interpreter i have to bidn with ppython launcher?

Um, not sure what you're asking here.

> and what about tkinter? the examples do not work? are thre path settings
> missing?

If you haven't got Tk installed, Tkinter doesn't have much of a
chance.  Googling for "AquaTk" might help (I've never tried it).

Cheers,
mwh

--
  SCSI is not magic. There are fundamental technical reasons why it
  is necessary to sacrifice a young goat to your SCSI chain now and