python & debian

Torsten Marek shlomme at gmx.net
Thu Oct 9 10:45:33 EDT 2003

Enrique schrieb:
> Hello again.
>
> After several years using windows, now i'm trying debian OS.
> In windows i use pythonwin or activepython by the facility of a windows
> environment, code completion, dot lists, and a easy help in activepython.
>
> There is something similar to install under linux??  i`m a newbie.
>
> Thanks. Happy weekend.
>
> Enrique (Madrid)
>

> **AVISO DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD**
> La información contenida en este mensaje y archivos es privada y confidencial estando dirigida solamente al destinatario. Si Ud. ha recibido esta información por error, por favor, proceda a su inmediata destrucción. Cualquier opinión o punto de vista contenido en este mensaje corresponde al remitente y necesariamente no representa la opinión del GRUPO XEROX.

You have the choice:
- Xemacs + python-mode (great editing, not so great python support, no
debugging)
- Boa Constructor (last time I checked it ran on Linux) + wxPython
(which is a must have)
- eric3 (Editor + Debugger + Refactoring tool + ...) + PyQt
- IDLE, which comes with Python itself and uses Tk

Those are only the ones which come to my mind instantly, of course there
are many more..

greets

Torsten