Can Roundup do this...

William Trenker wtrenker at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 15 07:12:44 EDT 2003

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:21:26 +0100
Donald 'Paddy' McCarthy <paddy3118 at netscape.netNOTthisBIT> wrote regarding Can Roundup do this...:

> After looking at a lot of tools, my python bias kicked in - almost al
> the tools I looked at did not have graphing functionality.

Exporting to Excel via cvs will probably give you all the graphs you need.  If you wanted to generate graphs directly in Python, you might want to try Dislin.

>From the Dislin home page: "DISLIN is a high-level plotting library for displaying data as curves, polar plots, bar graphs, pie charts, 3D-color plots, surfaces, contours and maps."
(http://www.linmpi.mpg.de/dislin/)

You should be aware that Dislin is _almost_ free.  There are some combinations of operating system and compilers (eg: some Fortrans and C commercial compilers) which require purchasing a license.  But for Python, the home page explains that, "The DISLIN plotting extensions for Java, Python and Perl and the DISLIN interpreter DISGCL can be used freely on all operating systems."

Dislin may be overkill for your application, but I thought I'd pass on the info just in case you weren't aware of it.

Regards,
Bill
(not associated with Dislin)