Presentation software written in python

Gary Herron gherron at islandtraining.com
Sat Oct 18 11:34:45 EDT 2003

On Friday 17 October 2003 06:13 pm, Chris Stiles wrote:
> Hi --
>
> Some time ago I attended a course (run by Island Training I think) where
> the instructor used some 'written in python' to project a
> slideshow/presentation over a network onto multiple laptops simultaneously
> - so each attendee could follow the course.  As I recall it included basic
> animation as well as the standard text bullet points.
>
> I've looked at the usual sources (freshmeat et al) and can't find anything
> like this, does this ring a bell with anyone ?
>
> --
> regards, chris

Actually yes...  I wrote that.  We call it SlideViewer, and it is
written in Python.

We at Island Training Solutions use it to present our lectures, as
static slides, displayed on each student's laptop.  It also has the
ability to run scripts (Python or otherwise) at any point in the
presentation, for example, to set up a lab.  In addition, it can
monitor the classes completion of labs.

Probably, what you remember as animation is just the small red arrow
we can slide interactively across all screens as a pointing device.

I don't know of any open source equivalent.  SlideViewer is quite
specific to our own courses, so we have never thought of releasing it
as open source.  I am, happy, however that you remembered it and
Island Training Solutions.

Gary Herron