Python from Wise Guy's Viewpoint

Marshall Spight mspight at dnai.com
Sat Oct 25 14:57:00 EDT 2003

<prunesquallor at comcast.net> wrote in message news:ismdcj0d.fsf at comcast.net...

> Are they happy with something like this?
>
> (defun black-hole (x)
>   #'black-hole)
>
> (for non lispers, the funny #' is a namespace operator.
>  The black-hole function gobbles an argument and returns
>  the black-hole function.)

Ha!

Although this doesn't get me any closer to my goal of
simple, useful, correct program that cannot be proven
typesafe. I don't believe the feature this function
illustrates could be useful; you have to have a handle
on black-hole before you can invoke it, so getting
it back as a return value doesn't get me anything.
But it's a nice example.

Marshall