Python from Wise Guy's Viewpoint

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Mon Oct 20 12:43:22 EDT 2003

Duncan Booth wrote:
> mike420 at ziplip.com wrote in
> news:LQLWMDEMOIKDAOELJUAGDQCCMOMGBTKIOLJQMEKD at ziplip.com:
> > In each of these cases, my version uses as many or fewer syntactic
> > elements (commas and parens) than yours. The problem with Python is
> > that it also lacks uniformity here (think "print" and "del").
>
> I fail to see the lack of uniformity. "print" and "del" are statements,

I think it is not uniform that print and del are statements rather than
functions, since they don't do control flow (just like exec). In all
three cases, I don't see why it is a statement.

yours,
Gerrit.

--
153. If the wife of one man on account of another man has their mates
(her husband and the other man's wife) murdered, both of them shall be