Prime number module

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters mertz at
Wed Oct 1 08:34:43 CEST 2003

"Andrew Dalke" <adalke at> wrote previously:
|use a fast prime tester, like the Rabin-Miller strong pseudoprime test

Well sure, you can cheat.  But aren't you worried about undiscovered
small pseudoprimes?  *wink* (I guess for Rabin-Miller they are not
called Carmichael numbers, just for Fermat pseudoprimes[*])

Yours, Lulu...

[*] Does anyone know whether there are Carmichael-like numbers for
Rabin-Miller tests?  Last I knew, it was unproven either way, but that
was a while.  That is, can any composite pass R-M for every base?

---[ to our friends at TLAs (spread the word) ]--------------------------
Echelon North Korea Nazi cracking spy smuggle Columbia fissionable Stego
White Water strategic Clinton Delta Force militia TEMPEST Libya Mossad
---[ Postmodern Enterprises <mertz at> ]--------------------------