Implementing a scripting language in Python

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Fri Oct 31 03:17:25 EST 2003

Gabriele Farina wrote:

> I guys
>
> I planned to create a new programming language to use to develop web
> applications for my company.
>
> I'd like to develop it using Python, but I don't know if python is fast
> enaught.

The Python developers, regarded as smart over here, used C :-)
However, there seems to be an effort under way to implement Python in
Python, so it should be doable.

> Someone could help me and give me some ideas?

Web applications are not rocket science, so why not adopt an existing
language instead of burning your company's money. While we're at it, why
not use Python - I admit I'm biased - and spend your resources on improving
an existing web framework.

Peter