When did Windows start accepting forward slash as a path separator?

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Mon Sep 29 21:11:02 EDT 2003

On 27 Sep 2003 17:20:44 GMT, rumours say that bokr at oz.net (Bengt
Richter) might have written:

>Do you mean windows exploder will not even delete it with right-click, delete?
>Or doesn't it show up at all? (how do you know it exists? dos dir?)

I have 110MB (or so they seem) worth of files (2893 files) in my W2k SP4
laptop's c:\recycler\nprotect folder that can't be accessed or deleted.
Norton Protect is long uninstalled, but operating on the files gives
(example):

C:\RECYCLER\NPROTECT\00041753.

The disk shows as healthy in Disk Manager, and scandisk or
what's-its-name runs successfully.  Go figure.  Ils sont fous ces
Redmontains! (index finger running wild circles)
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,