Unicode 4.0 updates to unicodedata?

David Opstad opstad at batnet.com
Thu Sep 18 18:53:17 EDT 2003

Hi, all! I'm relatively new to Python, but have definitely fallen in
love with it. It reminds me of Mesa (old Xerox development language) and
LISP a bit.

Anyway, on to the question. Now that Unicode 4.0 has been released (just
got my copy today), any guesses on how long before the unicodedata
module will be updated to include all the new names? How do things like
that work, anyway; is there somebody whose task it is to update that, or
are they awaiting volunteers to help out? And once the module is
updated, is it generally usable on earlier Python releases (I'm running
the 2.2 that came with the OS X developer package for Jaguar)?

Cheers!

Dave Opstad