monolith py2exe

Harald Massa cpl.19.ghum at spamgourmet.com
Sat Sep 27 05:02:03 EDT 2003

Max,

> once we are on the topic, has there been any movement to do a monolith
> option for py2exe (e.g. there is only one exe, no dlls necessary). this
> is somewhat useful because the exe can be freely moved around without
> worrying about the dlls.

This would be a VERY GOOD THING. All the PYDs and DLLs and so on in ONE
file. Yes, that would lead to 2-4 pythonXX.dlls in memory ... yes, all the
other DLLs (wxPython...) would be more than one time in memory, and on
disk...

But: some compression added (UPX) the files would be of reasonable size
(below 20MB), and distribution would become a charme.

+1 for this wish

Harald