Standards in Artificial Intelligence

Arthur T. Murray uj797 at victoria.tc.ca
Fri Sep 12 13:52:30 EDT 2003

http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/variable.html#nen -- yes.

> Then you invite programmers to add to this core by using
> indexes above a suitable threshold, as if we were defining
> ports on a server. [...]

http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/newcept.html#analysis explains
that Newconcept calls the English vocabulary (enVocab) module
to form an English lexical node for any new word detected
by the Audition module in the stream of user input.

> [...] At one point, you address programmers who might
> have access to a 64-bit architecture.  Pardon me, but
> given things like the "Hard Problem of Consciousness",
> the size of some programmer's hardware is completely
> irrelevant. [...]

http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/standard.html#hardware (q.v.)
explains that not "the size of some programmer's hardware" counts
but rather the amount of memory available to the artificial Mind.

The Mentifex AI Mind project is extremely serious and ambitious.
Free-lance coders are morking on it in C++ and other languages:

http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/cpp.html -- C++ with starter code;
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/java.html -- see Mind.JAVA 1 and 2;
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/lisp.html -- Lisp AI Weblog;
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/perl.html -- first Perl module;
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/prolog.html -- Prolog AI Weblog;
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/python.html -- Python AI Weblog;
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/ruby.html -- Ruby AI Blog (OO AI);
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/scheme.html -- Scheme AI Weblog;
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/vb.html -- see "Mind.VB #001" link.

AI Mind project news pervades the blogosphere, e.g. at
http://www.alpha-geek.com/2003/09/11/perl_ai.html -- etc.

The Mentifex Seed AI engenders a new species of mind at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mindjava -- Mind2.Java --
and at other sites popping up _passim_ on the Web.

AI has been solved in theory and in primitive, free AI source code.
Please watch each new species of AI Mind germinate and proliferate.

A.T. Murray
--
http://www.kurzweilai.net/mindx/profile.php?id=26 - Mind-eXchange;
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0595654371/ -- AI Textbook;