OT: best book in years

Vepxistqaosani vepxistqaosani at netscape.net
Fri Sep 5 22:44:56 EDT 2003

Patrick Useldinger wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am going to stay in hospital for a week or so (nothing serious), and am
> trying to find a book or two to read there. As I have not come across
> anything spectacular recently (except Python in a Nutshell), I would like
> to know what *you* consider to be the best book you have read in the last
> few years, about Python or IT in general.
>
> -Patrick

Patrick,

I very much enjoyed one of Hofstadter's other books: Le Ton Beau de
Marot: In Praise of the Music of Language. It is tangentially related to
IT, since it's about languages. And language is worth thinking about,
even by those of us who are reputed not to be able to use (human)
languages well. (This last observation courtesy of my wife.)

Fred