Reduce need of backslash

Nicolas Fleury nid_oizo at yahoo.com_remove_the_
Fri Sep 26 13:30:20 EDT 2003

Peter Otten wrote:

> Nicolas Fleury wrote:
>

>>I was wondering if the need for \ could be reduce in the language.  For
>>example, could a line ending with = or + could be automaticly considered
>>incomplete?
>

> Did you know about (...)?

Actually, no.  But it's still not what I'm looking for.  It's just that
I'm used to languages where I can put my code on multiple easily to make
lines shorter.  As John pointed, it's possible to add () to print.  I
just discovered that it can be done with return also.  I wonder how to
remove the need for \ in that example:

     parser.StartElementHandler = \
         lambda name, attrs: \
             GenericParser.handleElementStart(self, name, attrs)

Regards,

Nicolas