Successful installation of mod_python on Apache on Win2k?

Peter Maas fpetermaas at netscape.net
Fri Sep 26 06:13:12 EDT 2003

Rolfe wrote:
> 3. When I created and ran the following script shown at
> http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/inst-testing.html, my
> browser displays the full text of the script instead of running the
> script:
> "from mod_python import apache
>
> def handler(req):
>     req.write("Hello World!")
>     return apache.OK"
>
> 4. I've read Troubleshooting and FAQ, triple-checked my http.conf
> file, and still can't get it to work.
>
> ANY SUGGESTIONS?

This is my working conf (on Linux, though):

LoadModule python_module       modules/mod_python.so

<Directory /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/test>
   AddHandler python-program .py
   PythonHandler mptest
   PythonDebug On
</Directory>

/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/test/mptest.py works. If you have an
analogous conf, it might be an OS related issue.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Peter Maas

Peter Maas, M+R Infosysteme, D-52070 Aachen, Hubert-Wienen-Str. 24
Tel +49-241-93878-0 Fax +49-241-93878-20 eMail peter.maas at mplusr.de