ASN.1 source reader

Aaron Lav asl2 at panix.com
Thu Sep 18 10:56:42 EDT 2003

In article <8765jqurh3.fsf at pobox.com>, John J. Lee <jjl at pobox.com> wrote:
>Tomas Kukosa <tomas.kukosa at siemens.com> writes:
>
>>   does anybody know any way how to read ASN.1 source into Python?
>> I can not find any ASN.1 parser.
>
>http://www.panix.com/~asl2/software/PyZ3950/index.html
>
>Aaron also links to another couple of ASN.1 libraries there.

The current public release of PyZ3950 doesn't include a usable parser
for ASN.1 specifications.  My current sources do, and I hope to make a
public release soon (mostly a matter of documentation, since I wrote
the code for a client who only needed to compile the Z39.50-200x
spec): I'd certainly be happy to make a prerelease available to anyone
interested.

       Aaron (asl2 at pobox.com)