Access to Win API

Gerhard Häring gh at
Fri Sep 19 13:54:00 CEST 2003

Ladvánszky Károly wrote:
> Thanks for your help. I remember once I tried a Python cookbook sample code
> that included ctypes but now 'import ctypes' does not work.
> Should ctypes come together with the 2.3 installation? [...]

No, it's a third-party module that you need to download and install.

Google says it's at, but
the Starship seems to be down ATM [1]. Maybe somebody has the ctypes
installer for Python 2.3 and can send it to you. I only have ctypes 0.2
for Python 2.2 here ATM.

-- Gerhard

[1] Probably the recent virus flood bogs down the server :-/