audio module

Torsten Marek shlomme at gmx.net
Wed Sep 17 08:03:28 EDT 2003

Todd Stephens schrieb:
> Is there such a module containing audio tools?  I am looking specifically
> for tools to manipulate ogg-vorbis and convert other formats (mp3, wav) to
> ogg.

What do you mean by "manipulation"? Edit the tag info? You can have a
try with (my) libtagedit (libtagedit.sourceforge.net), which supports
mp3 as well.

Converting mp3 into ogg with preserving the tag information consists
mostly out of building the commandline:

trans_table = {
     "Artist": "--artist",
     "Title": "--title",
     "Track": "--tracknum",
     "Genre": "--genre",
     "Year": "--date",
     "Album": "--album",
     "Comment": "-c ="}

def mp3ToOgg(tag, outdir, quality="3,5"):
     args = ["%s \"%s\"" % (trans_table[field], tag[field])
             for field in trans_table.keys() if tag[field]]
     args = " ".join(args)
     new = os.path.join(outdir,
os.path.basename(tag.filename().replace(".mp3", ".ogg")))

     os.system("lame --decode \"%s\" -|oggenc -q %s -r -o \"%s\" %s -" %
(tag.filename(), quality, new, args))

This example uses libtagedit (tag is a tageditor class). If you want
more specific information, I could mail you some scripts I wrote.

greets

Torsten