python script as an emergency mailbox cleaner

James Kew james.kew at
Sun Sep 21 00:09:49 CEST 2003

"Phil Weldon" <pweldon at> wrote in message
news:ZCZab.45450$Aq2.39773 at
> My guess is that the internet will not open on Monday.

Yeah, well, death of the Internet's been predicted many times before and
hasn't happened yet.

F-Secure's writeup is pretty good at describing the various attacks and
texts the worm uses:

FWIW, for me Bayesian filtering is doing a pretty good job on both the fake
security advisories and the fake bounce messages. (Somewhat ashamedly, I'll
admit to using POPFile (Perl) rather than the SpamBayes (Python) -- as a
POP3 proxy solution it seemed slightly slicker at the time...)