set built-in func_code?

John Roth newsgroups at
Tue Sep 9 15:12:03 CEST 2003

"Birgit Rahm" <br_y at> wrote in message
news:bjk4v2$6iv$07$1 at
> Hello newsgroup,
> I want to set the built-in func_code in my function, how can I does this
> the correct way?

> My books dont tell me anything about this.

Check the index of the Python Reference Manual. You don't,
in general, want to set that value even though it's settable. At least,
you don't unless you've got an unusual amount of dynamism in your

I'd suspect the reason  your help system is looking for the
code object is to find out the function name, which is in
the compiled code object.

John Roth