Python REST framework?

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at
Wed Sep 3 00:07:39 CEST 2003

Jeremy Jones wrote:

> Does anyone know if there exists a Python REST (web services)
> framework?  I've googled and come up short.  I don't think it
> should be that hard to do if one doesn't exist (famous last
> words).  I guess one could subclass BaseHTTPServer and have
> specified things to do depending on the path and the method?

Not a framework, but may be of help ...

Doing REST on top of Python Web application servers like Quixote
and Twisted seems quite simple.  Here is a link that might help:

And, here are several documents explaining how to add complex
logic to a REST application using a finite state machine (FSM)

Dave Kuhlman
dkuhlman at