ANN: The release of BlackAdder V1.0.0 - this time for real :)

Ken Godee ken at perfect-image.com
Wed Sep 17 23:37:34 EDT 2003

Lothar Scholz wrote:
> Ken Godee <ken at perfect-image.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.1063810287.4212.python-list at python.org>...
>

>>I downloaded the demo and as far as I can tell it's fully fuctional
>>Here's a quote from the opening screen......
>

> and heres a quote from the web site.
>
> ------------
> A demonstration version of BlackAdder can be downloaded at no charge.
> The demonstration version has the following limitations.
> You cannot save any changes to Python or Ruby scripts or GUI form
> designs.
>
> There is no HTML documentation.
>
> There is no Python Qt extension module. You can download this for
> yourself from the PyQt/PyKDE homepage.
>
> There is no ODBC connectivity. You can download this for yourself from
> http://www.lemburg.com/files/python/eGenix-mx-Extensions.html.
> ----
>
> i hope that there support for the program is better then the support
> for their website. Everything in the last weeks doesn't look very
> promising.

I downloaded it all right from there site, Qt<->python converted html
docs as well (except ODBC, on win32 I use pyscopg).

Know matter how you look at it, This is a GREAT DEAL, just for the
Qt/pyqt license issue's alone!
The kompany has put together a good deal with Trolltech and riverbank
for python users. $79 personal and $399 commercial with rights to
distribute the run-time elements.
I guess one could stick with straight c++ and pay trolltech $2,000 plus
per developer instead if you wanted to :)
(opps, for win32 platform development might want to spend another grand+
to compile with MS VC++ compiler)