Python Glossary

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Wed Sep 24 16:11:27 EDT 2003

Skip Montanaro wrote:
> Thanks to people who submitted content for the Python Glossary:
>
>     http://manatee.mojam.com/python-glossary

I think it may also be useful to add some terms that are not
related to programming, but do occur in the tutorial and may
be difficult for some users.

When I first read the tutorial (years ago), I was really frightened
by the section on complex numbers. I had never heard of them, and
I did also not understand immediatly that I could skip this section.
I would have been helped then by a note that I would not need them,
and maybe even a short introduction of what they are (however, I
was 14, so I would probably not be able to understand them).

Gerrit.

--
164. If his father-in-law do not pay back to him the amount of the
"purchase price" he may subtract the amount of the "Purchase price" from