OT: best book in years

Chris Reedy creedy at mitretek.org
Fri Sep 5 10:56:00 EDT 2003

Patrick Useldinger wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am going to stay in hospital for a week or so (nothing serious), and
> am trying to find a book or two to read there. As I have not come across
> anything spectacular recently (except Python in a Nutshell), I would
> like to know what *you* consider to be the best book you have read in
> the last few years, about Python or IT in general.
>
> -Patrick

This one's been out a few years, but I really enjoyed it when I got it
as a Christman gift:

Why Buildings Falls Down by Matthys Levy and Mario Salvadori

It's an easy read and a good education in the kinds of "bugs" that
infect building construction -- something that's always held up to
software types as an example of a mature engineering discipline.

   Chris