Newbie-question: Fetching web-address from the browser!

John J. Lee jjl at
Thu Sep 11 19:32:46 CEST 2003

dermoon at (dermoon) writes:

> I want to fetch the address from the web-browser when it
> visits a page on my web-server.
> I use win2k on this server.
> On linux I used os.environ[''], but it seemes it's not available on
> win2k, is this correct?

Depends which server you're using, I guess (certainly, os.environ is
available in the usual standalone Python execution environment on
Windows, but programs running in webservers will no doubt have all
kinds of variations).  Is this IIS or something?

If you want to have the same environment as on Linux, remember Apache
runs on Windows too (if that's what you were using).

> However, how do I get the address-string?

Read your server's documentation.