Automated code generation

darrell dgallion at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 7 15:35:51 EDT 2003

I write tools for testing embedded systems.
They parse the .h files and doc files to associate names with hex
values... This produces meg's of .py files which then support writing
tools and test scripts.

Everything from structure layout to:

EMERGENCY_STOP_CMD=0x1234567L
SOME_STRUCT=(["f1","f2","f3"],">fI10s")
ERROR_100="Somethig bad"

Does this qualify as code generation?

When the project wants to change something like how we "log".
Python is used to parse the entire source tree making changes.
Not Python code generation but it's more complicated than
search/replace. And could be applied to a Python code base as well

Is this code generation?

--Darrell