wanted($): mac and linux python gui coders for porting

Mark Hahn mark at hahnca.com
Mon Sep 15 19:12:36 EDT 2003

(I apologize in advance if this is not an appropriate posting)

I have written a simple windows shareware app, EzPicMailer, in Python 2.3,
wxPython 2.4.1, and PIL 1.1.4  that lets computer novices find photo files,
edit them, and mail them, all in one simple app.  Everyone is encouraged to
check out my beta version at http://EzPicMailer.com.

I wrote it to be cross-platform except for a small amout of windows code to
do the system beep and to find the desktop and home folders.

Now I need a Mac programmer and a Linux programmer to port to these
environments for me.  I'm new to shareware but I'm guessing that paying 10%
of gross license receipts would be fair.  I put in close to 200 hours into
the app and I'm assuming that 20 hours to do a decent looking port would be
about right, which gives 10% of the effort.  Let me know if I'm off-base
here.

You will also be responsible for a second line of support for your platform.
In other words you will need to fix problems particular to your platform to
keep your royalty flow.  You will not have to talk to customers though.
That is what I mean by second-line.

If you are interested, please tell me about yourself and point me to some of
your existing work with GUI's.