PyGTK and fonts

P at draigBrady.com P at draigBrady.com
Tue Sep 9 05:22:11 EDT 2003

Tad Marko wrote:
> Howdy!
>
> I'm pretty new to both Python and PyGTK (about 10 hours at this
> point), so please forgive me if this question has already been
> answered somewhere. Basically, I've got a small program with a
> GtkTextView and I'd like to change the font to a monospaced font.
> Preferably the default monspace font for Gnome 2. Can anyone show me
> the steps necessary to programatically change the font on the text
> view?
>
> Thanks for any help!

Hi, I found these were required reading for using pygtk

FAQ: http://www.async.com.br/faq/pygtk/index.py?req=all
Tut: http://www.moeraki.com/pygtktutorial/pygtk2tutorial/index.html
Ref: http://www.moeraki.com/pygtkreference/pygtk2reference/

Note pygtk has just in the last few days reached version 2.
Also note that mandrake 9.2 will include it by default
Here is a useful search for existing mandrake and suse users:
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3?stat=3&srodzaj=1&search=pygtk2%2A&dl=40&dist[]=13&dist[]=19&field[]=1&field[]=2

Pádraig.