PyXR 0.9.3- Cross-Referenced HTML from Python Source

Donald 'Paddy' McCarthy paddy3118 at blueyonder.co.ukNOTthisBIT
Mon Sep 1 03:28:36 EDT 2003

logistix wrote:
> PyXR 0.9.3- Cross-Referenced HTML from Python Source
>
> PyXR generates HTML pages from python source files.  It also generates
> cross-referenced hyperlinks and integrates with the Python Library
> Reference as well, which makes it distinctive from the 8 million other
> prettyprinters out there.  It's been tested on 2.3 for Windows, OpenBSD
> 3.2 and RedHat 7.3.  There's no reason it shouldn't work on other
> platforms with minor configuration.
>
> 0.9.3 is a minor release.  It was primarily issued as an "official"
> 2.3-compatible release, although previous versions should run on 2.3 as
> well.  Other features include:
>     - Per-line-number hyperlinks, to make emailing source code
> references easier and more accurate.
>     - Upgrade of the PyXR'ed source on my website to 2.3's standard
> library.
>
> A PyXR'ed version of Python 2.3's source can be viewed at:
>
>     http://www.cathoderaymission.net/~logistix/PyXR/python23/src/
>
> More information about PyXR itself is available at:
>
>     http://www.cathoderaymission.net/~logistix/python/pyxr.html
>
> The package is available at:
>
>     http://www.cathoderaymission.net/~logistix/python/PyXR.zip
>
> Enjoy!

This reminds me of my favourite x-to-html tool v2html:
   http://www.burbleland.com/v2html/v2html.html

Check it out, it may give you some more ideas on navigating large
programs as web pages.

Cheers, Pad.