Python Documentation?

Nick Welch mack at incise.org
Mon Sep 1 01:08:46 EDT 2003

pydoc is pretty nice, try "pydoc str", and then use / to search for
"split".

As far as searching the online docs, it takes a little adaptation.  To
look for str.split, I'd do a google "site:www.python.org built-in
types", and then look for str, and then look at split.

And doing just that, and clicking once or twice, brought me to:

http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/string-methods.html

Although I agree, it would be cool if the online documentation supported
such direct search methods as e.g. www.php.net/split.

--
Nick Welch aka mackstann | mack @ incise.org | http://incise.org
What is the difference between a Turing machine and the modern