Python Documentation?

Nick Welch mack at
Mon Sep 1 07:08:46 CEST 2003

pydoc is pretty nice, try "pydoc str", and then use / to search for

As far as searching the online docs, it takes a little adaptation.  To
look for str.split, I'd do a google " built-in
types", and then look for str, and then look at split.

And doing just that, and clicking once or twice, brought me to:

Although I agree, it would be cool if the online documentation supported
such direct search methods as e.g.

Nick Welch aka mackstann | mack @ |
What is the difference between a Turing machine and the modern
computer?  It's the same as that between Hillary's ascent of Everest
and the establishment of a Hilton on its peak.