win32com python AttributeError!

Rebecca Taylor jrbexbox at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 8 10:31:35 EDT 2003

Hi, I am having trouble with win32com for python.  I get the following
error when I try to issue any command after using Dispatch.

>>> xl=win32com.client.Dispatch("Excel.Application")
>>> xl.Visible=0
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#7>", line 1, in ?
    xl.Visible=0
  File "D:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py",
line 504, in __setattr__
    raise AttributeError, "Property '%s.%s' can not be set." %
(self._username_, attr)
AttributeError: Property 'Excel.Application.Visible' can not be set.

I have programs that I used to use all the time and they simply won't
run.  Is this an error with python or win32com or my setup?

Thanks,
-rebecca