XML/XSLT with Python

Thomas Korb doc at goodweb.de
Sun Sep 21 12:56:39 EDT 2003

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 22:32:59 +0200, K. N. wrote:

> Is there any good and fast Python module for XSLT
> processing ?

I've tested the following 3 'typical' choices

  1. 4Suite
     http://4suite.org/index.xhtml

  2. Pyana (for Apache's Xalan)
     http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyana/

  3. libxml2/libxslt
     http://www.xmlsoft.org/

and decided to use libxml2/libxslt. Easy to install
(on Linux and Windows), easy to use, *very* fast and
no problems at all with the XSLT-processor.
(I cannot say the same about the other two solutions!)

The only problem is the xmlsoft.org site: it's not
really obvious, which versions to install etc.

WINDOWS:

I use the following website for Windows, where you can
download Python bindings which are bundled with a copy
of libxml2/libxslt (very convenient, easy to install):

	http://users.skynet.be/sbi/libxml-python/

LINUX:

For Linux, I use the RPMs which come with my distribution,
i.e.: libxml2, libxml2-python, libxslt and libxslt-python.

Hope this helps.

--
Dr. Thomas Korb