Problems with setting up mod_python and Apache

John Dean john at rygannon.com
Thu Sep 11 07:26:11 EDT 2003

Hi Dave

I have fixed my problem with mod_python. I have one small problem left to
sort out. If I enter the URL http://localhost Apache just displays the
contents of the htdocs directory, but if I enter the URL
http://localhost/test.py everything works as it should. I guess this is
somewhat off topic since it appears to be an Apache configuration problem so
I hope you don't mind me asking you for your opinion on c.l.p.

BTW What I am trying to do is to move away from PHP. Since I use Python as
my primary scripting language for just about everything where you would use
a scripting language, it seems to me to be a reasonable idea to use Python
to provide dyanamic content for the web sites I look after.

--
Best Regards
John