Comments on Python Redesign

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters mertz at gnosis.cx
Sun Sep 7 21:07:37 EDT 2003

"Tim Parkin" <tim.parkin at pollenationinternet.com> wrote previously:
|Please could we move this discussion to one of the appropriate lists as
|well.  I suggest python-marketing to begin with.

A marketing list is just not an appropriate forum for discussing
redesigning the main python website.  The page www.python.org just
simply should not be driven primarily, or even significantly, by
"marketing" issues... it's us developers who use it, in the overwhelming
majority.

We developers should not be treated as second class Python users because
someone got the idea that the page should look like what PHBs expect.

On the other hand... it seems like an entirely different site could look
like that glossy pamphlet.  Maybe something like:

    http://python-business.com/

Or even:

    http://enterprise.python.com/

Just as long as the main page doesn't get majorly uglified.

Yours, Lulu...

--
Keeping medicines from the bloodstreams of the sick; food from the bellies
of the hungry; books from the hands of the uneducated; technology from the