I need to make Excel/Powerpoint-style charts.

mark mark at diversiform.com
Tue Sep 9 12:39:05 EDT 2003

This isn't a terribly helpful post, but I wrote a script that would
collect data from a database using an SQL query.  This data was written
to a file which was then imported into Excel using a macro to do all the
sorting and chart creation.  I guess there's a learning curve either
way, but it is another way to go about it, since you mentioned that
you're using Excel already.

I believe it's possible to call out an instance of Excel and provide
arguments to tell it which file to open and what to do with it.  I'm
sure there's someone here with a better idea on exactly how to do that
(I didn't get that far before I changed jobs).

- Mark