Comments on Python Redesign

Tim Parkin tim.parkin at pollenationinternet.com
Sun Sep 7 17:31:56 EDT 2003

Dave Kuhman said
>Actually, from its appearance, the new design looks like it is
>trying to sell me something.  "Advert filters up!" It makes me
>suspicious, skeptical, and cynical, as all advertising does.
But theres the dichotomy

>When I send or refer someone to a site like that,
>I'd feel I'd have to warn them: "It looks like promotional
>material, but don't be put off; there is really good content there
>if you look for it.
They would't have to look for it. There is the same content on the page
I designed as on the current page. A slimmed down navigation yes but
that was one of the remits, it is better to have a smaller number
of links that the user can quickly find what they want than a large
number where they get lost.

Tim

Ps please can we move this off the comp.lang.python list.