homebrew 2.3 install on RedHat9 not playing nice with Tkinter

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Mon Sep 1 04:44:53 EDT 2003

>>> Martin Franklin wrote
> On way round this little problem would be to build your own Tcl/Tk
> (thats what I did)  Not only will you get a working Python 2.3 but you get the
> new options in Tk 8.4 too all for an extra couple of downloads and about 30
> mins of 'work'.

Alternatively, use the RPMs I built from
http://www.interlink.com.au/anthony/tech/rh9-tcltk/

These replace the RH9 Tcl/Tk RPMs with ones that are built from the
vanilla Tcl/Tk sources; the Redhat breakage is removed. They can just
be installed with rpm -U tcl*.rpm tk*.rpm

>From a brief look at the beta of Redhat 10 that's available, they
appear to have fixed tcl/tk to work properly again (well, at least
tcl/tk applications no longer consume tens of megabytes per day).

Anthony