from clipper move to python

ads ads at
Tue Sep 16 05:31:10 CEST 2003

Thank you again,

and sorry for my "flamewar" word, I just hate because the system get
crashes all the time, and I must rebooted which take long time.

--------------- Replied message --------------
The Bat! mailer ver 1.53d
Date    : Tuesday, September 16, 2003
>From    : Graham Fawcett <fawcett at>
To      : ads <ads at>
Subject : from clipper move to python
ads wrote:

>Thank you for the respon,
>But right now I'm still not ready using linux, a lot of my client were
>using windows. Is someone know what should I use to create text
>console application like clipper using python in (stupid) windows?

Stupid Windows? Now, now, let's not start a flamewar. ;-)

I've never used it, but I do see that there is a "Curses for Windows for
Python" project at

though it's an "alpha" stage project.

There's also "public domain curses" or pdcurses, available for Win32,

Presumably it would work with the Python curses module. But again, I've
not used it.

In my opinion, you would probably have more success writing a GUI
application using one of the "easy" app builders like PythonCard. It may
be a new experience for you, but there will be more people who would be
able to support you and answer your questions.

-- Graham