Huh?!?!? What is it that I'm seeing here?

Tim Parkin tim.parkin at pollenationinternet.com
Mon Sep 15 03:35:40 EDT 2003

Don Bruder:
>I'm hitting some stuff that looks to be
>idiomatic, without being able to locate a definition/description of the

>idiom
>
>if __name__ == '__main__':
>  run(argv[1:])

A general help hint is to use google and throw all of the 'words' from
the sample in...

Heres what to search for in your case...

"__name__ argv main site:www.python.org"

Heres a link..

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=__name__+argv+m
ain+site%3Awww.python.org&meta=

This generally helps me in 99% of problems.

It's a shame you have chosen not to ever learn another programming
langauge (as I presume this isn't a specific anti-python feeling). All
languages will 'expire' someday and you could do a lot, lot worse than
Python as your next one.

Tim