win32com problems with Visible property

Rebecca Taylor jrbexbox at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 2 12:39:04 EDT 2003

I have been working with win32com on python for 2 years now.  I
recently tried to modify an older script I had made which creates and
excel workbook, fills it with data and then graphs the data.

Nothing is working!
When I try to run it I get this error:

"Property '%s.%s' can not be set." % (self._username_, attr)
AttributeError: Property 'Excel.Application.visible' can not be set."

Does anyone know why this is happening?  I can't figure out if windows
has changed or if win32all or the new python distribution is the
problem.  Worse yet, I reinstalled my old versions of python and
win32all and that isn't working either!

Thanks in advance.
-rebecca