Python SSL Socket Client to Java SSL Server. HELP me PLEASE.
kpaz at samorzad.pw.edu.pl
Fri Sep 26 18:21:27 CEST 2003
I want to make simple client in phyton, which would be able to communicate
with Java server using SSL sockets.
There is the Java clients, which is doing this - so I'm pretty sure, that
Java server works OK.
I've heard, that P2.3 has SSL support included in himself and also, I was
trying P2.2 with pyOpenSSL wrappers and extensions, but unsuccesfuly...
So, could you give me a few lines of python code which makes such things:
1. Importing nessesary libraries,
2. Connects to specified server and port with SSL socket (no cert.
validation is needed - just using server cert. to encrypt transmission),
3. Sends some string to server (something like command "GET_VER"),
4. Reads answer from server (it could be something similar to Java
Object... - Java strings, arrays of bytes, etc),
5. Prints this answer in human readable manner in console,
6. Disconnect from server.
It would be nice, if this code will use only opensource or freeavailable
soft/libs and Python 2.2 or 2.3.
Greetings from Poland,
More information about the Python-list