newbie question on which win32 GUI to choose

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Fri Sep 5 07:17:25 EDT 2003

In article <vm8glv03htv3cgq05dr2trra0q4r4k298c at 4ax.com>,
Rain  <rain_anti_spam_rhb at yahoo.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I do not want to lead a war on this topic, as there have been many
>arguments in Slashdot.
>
>Obviously, QT is best by now if not consider the license.
>Then after google some, I found people tend to use wxPython and pyGTK.
>
>Now I want to narrow topic and ask this question:
>Which one have a little more clear logic and easy to learn and use?
>Not considering the local platform and feeling, and the deployment.I
>know pyGTK need GTK runtime libs.
			.
			.
			.
I appreciate that you want signal, not noise, and
that you're after a better experience than with
Slashdot.  I strongly urge you to consider that
pertinent context you provide will go a looooong
way toward improving the quality of the answers
you receive.  When you write, "Obviously, QT is
best ...", I get the feeling there's considerable
background you're not telling us.

Even in the absence of better knowledge of your
constraints and requirements, I recommend you
evaluate the native Win32 GUI toolkit.  Python
is an excellent way to access MFC.

If you are asking just for a comparison of wxPython
and pyGTK under Win* (*is* that your question?  I
have re-read it several times, and I'm still
unsure), all my experience inclines me to the
former.  I've found pyGTK too immature under Win*.
The people who claim success with it are, from
what I can tell, those who benefit from consider-
able prior GTK+ work.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net