Anybody else having problem *sending* mail to this list?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at
Fri Sep 5 02:51:12 CEST 2003

"Gerhard Häring" <gerhard.haering at> wrote in message
news:mailman.1062713657.19120.python-list at
> On my mailserver (running a recent Postfix snapshot) I get this
since a
> few hours:
> mylene:/var# mailq
> -Queue ID- --Size-- ----Arrival Time---- -Sender/Recipient-------
> DA10713E37     1617 Wed Sep  3 11:32:46  gh at
> (lost connection with[] while sending
> of data -- message may be sent more than once)
>                                           python-list at
> However, using telnet to send mail to python-list on
> from the same host seems to work fine.
> Is there something strange going on?

Yes, a worldwide virus-induced mail blizzard.  Someone (Skip M. I
think) annouced yesterday or so that the Python mail server was down
for a breather.  Today, someone said it was backed-up, back up, but
slow.  Hence, this arrived at Giganews over a day after you sent it.