Python Documentation?

Michael Hudson mwh at
Mon Sep 1 14:24:25 CEST 2003

"Daniel R. Smorey Jr." <smory at> writes:

> I'm looking for a good place for Python documentation.

In addition to what others said, there's Thomas Heller's pyhelp.cgi

and Mark Hammond's Mozilla sidebar:

(which provides an interface to Thomas' script).

> I'm really lost on why it's so hard to find anything when it comes
> to me looking up a particular function in Python.  My example would
> be the split() function of the string module.

You mean you weren't born knowing what that did?  Sheesh, kids these
days... <wink>.

  Never meddle in the affairs of NT. It is slow to boot and quick to
  crash.                                             -- Stephen Harris