Comments on Python Redesign

Fernando Perez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 7 15:29:34 EDT 2003

Aahz wrote:

> In article <bjfvnh$mkb$1 at peabody.colorado.edu>,
> Fernando Perez  <fperez528 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>And if you feel like people are being overly harsh, don't worry.  It's
>>usenet after all :)
>
> Well, no, it's not Usenet, not in the sense you mean.  Someone dragged a
> discussion from a mailing list here, and I think that beating Tim up in
> public is unfair.

FWIW, I made a point of NOT beating anyone up, and tried to offer specific, IMHO
constructive comments.

And since the starting thread of the discussion was a post by Tim himself, that
seemed a perfectly fair thing to do.  It may have been dragged here from
elsewhere, but the first 'Comments ...' post was by Tim, and he's been
responding in the discussion actively.  As long as the comments were civil
(which I actively tried to do, after seeing some of the tone of the discussion
elsewhere), I didn't see any problem there.

Cheers,