Where to post useful code

Mike Rovner mike at nospam.com
Thu Sep 4 13:44:23 EDT 2003

RichB wrote:
> I've written a few scripts that might be very useful to small groups
> of people (i.e. extracting time stamps from pictures taken with Sony
> digital cameras).
> I don't want to start sourceforge projects or anything big like that.
> I just want to make some stuff available. Where can I post/upload my
> stuff?

You have several options:
- Python Cookbook (http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python)
which is a searcheble storage place with small discussion attached

- PythonInfo Wiki (http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/HiddenJewels)
which lets other people to extend your code and/or discuss it

- Vaults of Parnassus (http://www.vex.net/parnassus/)
which is most comprehensive but messy collection of python stuff referencies

- Python Package Index (http://www.python.org/pypi)
in case you promote your code to community useful package

HTH,
Mike