Need help on UNICODE conversion

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sat Sep 6 18:00:37 EDT 2003

Bernd Preusing wrote:

> I have a JPG file which contains some comment as unicode.
>
> After reading in the string with s=file.read(70) from file offest 4
> I get a string which is shown as
> 'UNICODE\\0x00\\ox00K\\0x00o' and so forth in the debugger
> (using Komodo).

As others have pointed out, this seems to be an unfaithful cut and
paste; to really tell what it is we'd have to see the actual contents of
the string.  If it is really Unicode, however, it looks like it might be
a UTF-16 encoding.  Try 'utf-16' for the encoding name.

/  \ You're wasting time / Asking what if / You linger on too long
\__/  Chante Moore